<$BlogRSDUrl$>

trato-me por tu


You don't even know me - use your illusion: trato_meportu@hotmail.com

segunda-feira, fevereiro 02, 2004

REVERIE

"During some hashish reverie I was thinking to myself, "I'm really in a weird position. I earn my living by writing songs and singing songs. it's only today that this could happen. If I were born a hundred years ago I wouldn't even be in this country. I d probably be in Vienna or wherever my ancestors came from--Hungary--and I couldn't be a guitarist-songwriter. There were none. So what would I be? "First of all," I said, "I surely was a sailor." Then I said, "Nah, I wouldn't have been a sailor. Well, what would a Jewish guy be? A tailor." That's what it was. I would have been a tailor. And then I started to see myself as like, a perfect little tailor. Then, once, talking to my father about my grandfather, whom I never knew--he died when my father was young--I found out that his name was Paul Simon, and I found out that he was a tailor in Vienna. It wiped me out that that happened. It's amazing, isn't it? He was a tailor that came from Vienna."

Paul Simon, em entrevista à Rolling Stone, 1972





0 Comments:

Enviar um comentário


M83
Farewell, goodbye

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?